Please Donate Food to A Cat's Friend: Giant & Safeway Dale City
Welcome to A Cat's Friend, Inc. - A Cat Rescue Volunteer Organization
A Cat's Friend, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) non-profit all volunteer organization whose mission is to provide the best possible care for feral and abandoned cats living outdoors. We care for over 150 cats and kittens outside every day, as well as about 100 cats in foster care who have been rescued.
We feed OVER 150 cats every day! Our mission is:
- To provide care for feral and abandoned cats and their kittens and reduce their population through spay/neuter and adoption.
- To provide food, shelter and veterinary care to abandoned and homeless felines. And rescue cats from municipal or private kill-shelters.
- To humanely trap, sterilize, vaccinate and release felines whom humans have abandoned.
- To provide feline-care assistance to feline guardians in need.
- To educate the public about the needs of companion animals, particularly felines, and the impact of human actions on those needs.
- To distribute contributions to other similar 5Olc3 organizations who are exempt from taxation under section 5Ola of the IRS Code.
Our Featured Feline
Baby is a special kitty who could use some love. She just can't seem to catch a break. She was born in the snow under a van and was blind in one eye. She spent her life outdoors and learned to cope with her blind eye. But now the unthinkable has happened - she has become blind in the other eye from cancer. At the eye specialist, we learned that she is in pain from that new blind eye, requiring surgery AND loving aftercare.
If you can find it in your heart to help this sweet little cat, please contact us. We need help with her medical expenses and a wonderful person who could take care of her after surgery. She will return your love many times over. It is time something good came her way. Thank you so much!
THANK YOU to the ASPCA, Petco and Petvalu!
Please support these generous organizations
We gratefully appreciate the grant funding to save 30 feral kittens this kitten season, with grant money to cover ordinary and extraordinary veterinary costs associated with fostering the kittens and finding permanent loving homes. Many of our rescued kittens are also made available for adoption through our partnership with local Petco stores at adoption fairs.
A Cat's Friend is ALSO grateful for a grant from ASPCA which will fund the spay and neuter of rescued kittens adopted into permanent homes.
A BIG thanks to adoption partner Pet Valu, Reston VA location, and their generous customers for all the help we have received this year. This includes donated litter, cat food and funds raised in the April, 2013 in store fundraiser for rescues. We are grateful for all that you do